Adventists incorrectly argue that only by Sabbath keeping can we know that it is God who sanctifies us.
Problem for Sabbatarians, the same language is ascribed to both animal sacrifices and the Jewish tabernacle.
Actual Sabbatarian argument:
"The Sabbath is the way we know God sanctifies us. This is unique to keeping the Sabbath."
- Ex 31:13 "But as for you, speak to the sons of Israel, saying, 'You shall surely observe My Sabbaths; for this is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you.
- Ezek 20:12 "And also I gave them My Sabbaths to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them.
- Ezek 20:20 'And sanctify My Sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.'
Adventist false Argument refuted:
A. We know we are sanctified by God, through faith in Christ, not Sabbath keeping!
Stop for a minute and think about how utterly ridiculous this argument is! Adventists say that the only way I can know that I am sanctified by God, is by keeping the Sabbath? I know I am sanctified by faith in Christ and contacting his blood!
Sabbatarians are really grasping at straws with this argument. Closer examination proves that there is really nothing special about this kind of statement and that many other things share the identical quality.
When we get to the New Testament not only is the concept of "by this you will know God sanctifies you" NOT found, but neither is the Sabbath commandment itself NOT found!
B. Notice how these ideas are identical to those ascribed of the Sabbath:
"will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel"
- Ezekiel 37:28 "And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever."
- Notice this verse calls a "law of sacrifice" "My commandments". Here the expression "my commandments" refers to MORE than the 10 commandments. (something everyone but Sabbatarians know click here for more details) But even worse for Sabbatarians, here keeping this sacrificial law is connected with sanctifying God!
- Lev 22:29 "And when you sacrifice a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the Lord, you shall sacrifice it so that you may be accepted. "It shall be eaten on the same day, you shall leave none of it until morning: I am the Lord. "So you shall keep My commandments, and do them: I am the Lord. "And you shall not profane My holy name, but I will be sanctified among the sons of Israel: I am the Lord who sanctifies you, who brought you out from the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the Lord."
"that you may know"
- Ex 8:10 Then he said, "Tomorrow." So he said, "May it be according to your word, that you may know that there is no one like the Lord our God.
- Ex 8:22 "But on that day I will set apart the land of Goshen, where My people are living, so that no swarms of insects will be there, in order that you may know that I, the Lord, am in the midst of the land.
- Ex 9:14 "For this time I will send all My plagues on you and your servants and your people, so that you may know that there is no one like Me in all the earth.
- Ex 10:2 and that you may tell in the hearing of your son, and of your grandson, how I made a mockery of the Egyptians, and how I performed My signs among them; that you may know that I am the Lord."
- Is 43:10 "You are My witnesses," declares the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen, In order that you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.
- Is 45:3 "And I will give you the treasures of darkness, And hidden wealth of secret places, In order that you may know that it is I, The Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.
- Eze 13:9 "So My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will have no place in the council of My people, nor will they be written down in the register of the house of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel, that you may know that I am the Lord God.
- Mt 9:6 "But in order that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"—then He *said to the paralytic—"Rise, take up your bed, and go home."
- Jn 10:38 but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father."
- Ex 7:17 'Thus says the Lord, "By this you shall know that I am the Lord: behold, I will strike the water that is in the Nile with the staff that is in my hand, and it shall be turned to blood.
- Jos 3:10 And Joshua said, "By this you shall know that the living God is among you, and that He will assuredly dispossess from before you the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Hivite, the Perizzite, the Girgashite, the Amorite, and the Jebusite.
- Heb 10:10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
- Passover blood Ex 12:13 and Circumcision Gen 17:11 were also signs. So Sabbatarians slaughter the seder lamb according to Ex 12? Do they enforce circumcision? NO! So neither should we keep the Sabbath BECAUSE it is a sign!
- click here for more details
We Speak truth in LOVE
"you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth" Jn 8:40
Go To Start: WWW.BIBLE.CA