The wilderness of Zin:
- Most maps have the wilderness of Zin in the wrong place.
- Kadesh Barnea was in the wilderness of Zin: Num 27:14; 33:26
- Both the wilderness of Paran and the Wilderness of Zin included Kadesh Barnea
- It is between the ascent of Akrabbim and Kadesh. Josh 15:3
- The Wilderness of Zin is located north and east of Kadesh Barnea, whereas the wilderness of Paran is located south and east of Kadesh Barnea.
- It is large wilderness area just east of Petra that runs in a north-south direction.
- It is adjacent to the land Moab: Num 34:3
- The wilderness of Zin does not extend west of the Arabah Valley and is entirely "transjordan".
- If Kadesh was at Qudeirat, then wilderness of Zin, would be inside the middle of Judah's Territory. Yet we never find any references to the wilderness of Zin in the Bible except in connection with the exodus. This proves the both Kadesh and the wilderness of Zin are transjordan (at Petra).
What the Bible says about the wilderness of Zin:
- "They journeyed from Ezion-geber and camped in the wilderness of Zin, that is, Kadesh." Numbers 33:36
- "The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness; The Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh." Psalm 29:8
- "for in the wilderness of Zin, during the strife of the congregation, you rebelled against My command to treat Me as holy before their eyes at the water." (These are the waters of Meribah of Kadesh in the wilderness of Zin.)" Numbers 27:14
- "So they went up and spied out the land from the wilderness of Zin as far as Rehob, at Lebo-hamath." Numbers 13:21
- " Then the sons of Israel, the whole congregation, came to the wilderness of Zin in the first month; and the people stayed at Kadesh. Now Miriam died there and was buried there." Numbers 20:1
- "'Your southern sector shall extend from the wilderness of Zin along the side of Edom, and your southern border shall extend from the end of the Salt Sea eastward." Numbers 34:3
- "because you broke faith with Me in the midst of the sons of Israel at the waters of Meribah-kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin, because you did not treat Me as holy in the midst of the sons of Israel." Deuteronomy 32:51
- "'Then your border shall turn direction from the south to the ascent of Akrabbim and continue to Zin, and its termination shall be to the south of Kadesh-barnea; and it shall reach Hazaraddar and continue to Azmon." Numbers 34:4
- " Now the lot for the tribe of the sons of Judah according to their families reached the border of Edom, southward to the wilderness of Zin at the extreme south." Joshua 15:1
- "Then it proceeded southward to the ascent of Akrabbim and continued to Zin, then went up by the south of Kadesh-barnea and continued to Hezron, and went up to Addar and turned about to Karka." Joshua 15:3
By Steve Rudd: Contact the author for comments, input or corrections.
Go To Start: WWW.BIBLE.CA