Total hereditary depravity
(or Inherited Sin)
We Speak truth in LOVE
Questions for advocates
of inherited sin
- Why did Jesus never teach that man was depraved or blamed
mans sin on Adam. Rather he always held each man responsible for
his own sin.
- If every newborn is "utterly indisposed, disabled, and
made opposite to all good, and wholly inclined to all evil",
- how do we account for the goodness of
the "unregenerate" like Cornelius, Acts 10:1-4, 22, or
anyone else today. How do we account for all the good things that
- then how can "evil men proceed from bad to worse"
1 Ti 3:13?
- Why is the Greek word "sarx" (English=flesh, Mistranslated
"sinful nature" throughout the NIV) which Calvinists
say teaches the inherited depraved sinful nature of man, also
used in scripture of Jesus in Heb 2:14; 1 Pe 4:1; 3:18; 1 Jn 4:2?
- Why would Jesus not inherit the guilt of sin & depravity
from his mother Mary?
- If Mary was "conceived sinless" so that Jesus would
not get inherited sin then:
- wouldn't Jesus' brothers and sisters also
be born without inherited sin?
- wouldn't all the children of Christians today (whose depravity
has been removed) are born without inherited sin.
- If we can inherit the corrupt nature of our parents, then
why can we not inherit the righteousness of our parents?
- If God could conceive Mary without sin why did He not simply
conceive Jesus without sin?
- What is the difference in "nature" between Adam
before his sin, Mary who was "immaculate" and Christians
who have their depravity removed, and Jesus?
- If baptism removes the depraved nature of man, then why does
he continue to sin afterward?
- If Adam became depraved only after he sinned, then why did
he sin before he was depraved? We sin, it is said, because we
are "wholly inclined" towards evil and "utterly
indisposed" towards good. That may explain why we sin, but
why did Adam sin? Adam was totally hereditarily righteous, yet
he still sinned!
- If Adam choose to sin while dead to sin, may we not also choose
to do right while dead in sin?
- If "non-elect" infants do not die in infancy (as
E.K Garrett, primitive Baptist taught, using Job 21:7 as his proof
text) then were all the babies killed in the flood and in Sodom
and Gomorrah elect and predestined to be saved?"
Go To Start: WWW.BIBLE.CA