The Sexes: Equal But Different!
19 basic differences between the sexes
- Right down to every last gene the sexes are unique: (XX,XY
chromosome) Male and female as separate acts of creation!
- Studies have proven that differences are neurological and
genetic in origin and are highly resistant to change by the influences
of culture. Men and women are the same the world over!
- Socializing: Whether tennis or cards: women often use the
event as an excuse for fellowship and pleasant conversation. For
men, the name of the game is conquest.
- A man's world is focused outside the home in work and recreation.
A women's world is strongly focused within the home and on family.
- Self-esteem: Men develop the evidence of their worthiness
primarily from their jobs, being respected in business, profession
or craft. Women, and especially homemakers, depend primarily on
the romantic relationship with their husbands for ego support.
This explains why the emotional content of a marriage is usually
more important to women and why the little tokens of affection
are appreciated more by wives, who obtain esteem from these expressions
of love and generosity.
- Women need continual reassurance from their husband that they
are loved, needed and valued. Because men do not need this kind
of reassurance from their wives, they often fail to see their
wife's need for it and neglect to give it. The wife then develops
a feeling of being "unloved and unvalued", which the
husband will assure is unfounded.
- Women tend to remember anniversary dates and birthdays. Men
tend to remember dates like when the mortgage payment is due and
feel their wife gets "overly upset" if they forget the
- Mothers become emotionally attached to their children prior
to birth by the virtue of carrying the child in her body. Men
do not become emotionally bonded to the child for several months
after the birth when the infant begins to smile, respond and interact
- Sexual arousal: Men are visually oriented, caring less about
the romantic component or personal identity. Men can easily separate
love and sex. She is attracted not to a photograph of an unknown
model or by a handsome stranger, but to a particular man with
whom she has entered into an emotional relationship. Women usually
combine love and sex.
- Men do not have as strong a desire and need for stability,
security and enduring relationships as women do.
- Women experience emotional influences that men do not because
of the reproductive capacity: (cycles, pregnancy, lactation, menopause)
- At a birthday party of five year olds, its not usually the
girls who pull hair, throw punches or smear each other with food.
- The play habits of young girls is almost exclusively in real
life domestic situations, playing house, school etc. In contrast,
young boy's play is usually in the fantasy world, blasting Martians
with a laser gun to save the world.
- In a time of crisis, women tend to react with reference to
their feelings. Men tend not to react with reference to feelings
but with deducted thought and reason. God may have placed man
as the head of his wife because of this one God-ordained difference
between the sexes.
- In our material society, we place a higher value on the quality
of being a "rational calculator" for it is this quality
which is necessary for success in business and making money. Yet
this quality is of little value for the happiness of the home.
So while the man may be better equipped to lead and support the
family, it is the woman who is better equipped to keep the family
itself happy and emotionally healthy. The sexes are equal, but
- Women are usually credited with possessing "mothers intuition"
in regard to not just her children but all personal relationships.
She may not be able to explain it, but she has a feeling about
the situation that the man does not. She is usually right! Yet
while she may be single-handedly responsible for sensing the situation,
the man can usually chose the most appropriate course of action.
- Husbands and wives have qualities the other does not. Each
has qualities the other needs. The two are one flesh, a unit,
incomplete without the other. Society places much greater value
on the masculine qualities. This has driven many women to feel
"unfulfilled" in the home environment. Many women, being
influenced by society and the images of TV, do not feel valued
unless they are working outside the home for money. They would
feel ashamed to be "just a housewife". This is very
- School: Boys tend to excel girls in math and science subjects.
Girls tend to excel boys in English and arts subjects.
- Women possess a strong "maternal instinct" that
men do not.