BIOGRAPHIES OF MOHAMMED
THE MOHAMMEDAN CONTROVERSY
From the " Calcutta Review," 1852
1. Life of Mohammed. Bombay Tract and Book
Society: Bombay, 1851.
2. The Life of Mohammed. London: Religious Tract Society.
3. Life of Mohammed. By Washington Irving. London: Henry G. Bohn,
4. Moulûd Sharîf. "The Ennobled Nativity." Lucknow, 1562
Heg. Cawnpore, 1267 Heg. Agra, 1268 Heg. (1852).
5. Kitâb i Istifsâr. (" Book of Questions.") Pp. 806.
Lucknow, 1261 Heg.(1845).
6. Hall ul Ishkâl. (" Solution of Difficulties.") "
A Reply to Kashf-ul-Astâr, and Kitâb i Istifsâr." Agra, 1847.
WITHIN the last ten or twenty years, the mind of Christian Europe has been
directed, with more studious earnestness and dispassionate inquiry, towards
the rise of Islam, than in any preceding period: and the progress made in
searching out the truths of that crisis in the world's history, is
characterised by corresponding success. Indeed, the amount of facts carefully
collected, and of data philosophically weighed, within this short term is,
perhaps, of greater value than all the labours of Christian writers during the
twelve preceding centuries.