10 Bible passages for Teenagers!
One of the burning questions of the ages has been, "How can
I get the most out of life?". Each person in each generation
must wrestle with this idea. Since God made man and knows what
is the best life for him, man should want to know God's advice
for the good life. I have selected ten key statements from the
Bible which tell one how best to live.
- Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth
out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4. Living for this world and
its pleasures is a serious mistake. To gain the whole world and
lose one's soul is foolish - Luke 9:25. If we sow to the flesh,
or to earthly pleasure, we shall reap corruption, or misery -
Galatians 6:7-8. Living for God is the better way. We are made
in the image of God. Genesis 1:26, so we are spiritual beings,
who, like God, will live eternally. If we seek first the kingdom
of heaven and His righteousness our earthly needs will be supplied
. Matthew 6:33. Read Romans 8:28 and Psalms 37:25.
- Obey your parents in the Lord; honor your father and mother
- Eph. 6:1-3. The good life starts early. Obeying parents in the
Lord and honoring them with one's life is a way to live well and
to live long.
- It is not good for man to be alone - Genesis 2:18. Human beings
were made by God to function best when they have a companion with
whom they can share their lives. God intended that a man leave
his father and mother and cling to his wife Genesis 2:24.
- He that will not work, neither let him eat - II Thessalonians
3:10. Since the days of Adam, God has decreed that man must work
if he is to eat Genesis 3:19. One cannot be pleased with himself
if he does not earn his keep Luke 10:7.
- Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might Ecc.
9:10. Human life at its longest is very short - James 4:14. If
one is going to get the most out of life, he must decide what
he is going to do and do it with all his might.
- Think of these things. Read Philippians 4:8. Allowing one's
mind to dwell on low, base things will cause one's life to be
low and base. Thinking on high and inspiring things will life
one up to a high and lofty way of life. "For as he thinketh
in his heart, so is he." Proverbs 23:7.
- Whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you even
so to them Matthew 7:12. There is great satisfaction in loving
one's fellow man and giving of self for his good.
- Give and it will be given unto you - Luke 6:38. The secret
of receiving is found in this verse. Jesus said give first and
then you shall receive.
- Take no thought for your life - Matthew 6:25-32. God cares
for the flowers, the grass, and the birds. Since we are more valuable
than they, God will certainly care for us. We therefore should
not spend our time worrying.
- Christ died for the ungodly - Romans 5:6. Life can be good
if it is freed from the guilt of sin through Jesus Christ.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep
His commandments; for this is the whole duty of man Ecclesiastes
Go To Start: WWW.BIBLE.CA