Watchtower Hypocrisy: "The word Trinity is not found in the Bible"?
So what! That does not make the concept of the Trinity a false doctrine!
Examples of Jehovah's Witness hypocrisy:
Jehovah's Witnesses often say, "The word trinity is not in the Bible"
- Jehovah's Witnesses often describe God as being "Omnipotent immutable", (so do we) yet these words are not found in the English Bible any more than Trinity! Some JW's argue that Omnipotent is used in Latin, in the Latin Vulgate, however the fact it is a mistranslation is proven by the fact that the New World Translation doesn't follow the use of the word Omnipotent.
- Although Jehovah's Witnesses call themselves "monotheists" and believers in "monotheism", these words are not found in the Bible. So the concept is found in the Bible and we use a non-biblical word to describe it! Same as with Trinty: The concept is found in the Bible, not the word. (Sadly, JW's do not believe God is omnipresent, or omniscient.)
- The Bible talks about "atheism" in Ps 14:1, "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" So although the word atheism is not found in the Bible, JW's have no problem using the word, since the concept is taught in the Bible. Same as with Trinty: The concept is found in the Bible, not the word.
- The Bible also fails to mention the baptism of the Apostles, but JW's say that they were. (and we agree)
- In fact, Jehovah's Witnesses are notorious for employing words that are not found in the Bible to teach their false doctrine. Here are a few of the favorite JW words,: "theocracy, millenium, rapture, centralized world organization, Watchtower organization, Kingdom hall, ministerial servants, Circuit Assemblies, Theocratic, Ministry School". Remember, all these words not only convey false doctrine, they are also not found in the Bible anywhere, not even the concept behind the words!
- Saying, "The word trinity is not in the Bible" is therefore as irrelevant as it is illogical and quite meaningless.
- Jehovah's Witnesses are hypocrites for using the false argument that since the word Trinity is not found in the Bible, this must mean it is a false doctrine!
By Steve Rudd
Go To Start: WWW.BIBLE.CA